This blog is where you will find community council information, including meeting times, minutes and agenda. Do please comment on postings.

Monday 25 August 2008

Write now to say why you'll be hugely disadvantaged




SAVE

WARRENDER PARK

POST OFFICE

FROM CLOSING

Write NOW to say why you will be disadvantaged by the closure. Sample letter below...

TO…….

FREEPOST CONSULTATION TEAM

(This is the complete address and no stamp is required.)

(e.mail: consultation@postoffice.co.uk)

Your address

FREEPOST CONSULTATION TEAM Date

(This is all you need to put on the envelope)

NB no stamp required

                (“in confidence” if required)

Dear Sir or Madam

Proposed closure of post office at 73 Warrender Park Road, Edinburgh EH9 1ES

I object to the proposed closure of the above mentioned post office. This will disadvantage me personally because

I cannot walk to the next nearest post office as it is too far and hilly.

or

Although the bus journey is estimated at 4 minutes to the next nearest post office at Tollcross, the bus service is half hourly and a visit to the post office could take over an hour.

There is no direct bus service to Bruntsfield Post Office.

or

I am unable to get to a post office during the week and rely on it being open all day Saturday.

or

I am elderly, do all my affairs locally as I am unable to go further. The closure of the post office will also jeopardise local shops, which form the backbone of the community on which I rely.

or

I do not want to take my car as parking at the nearest post office is very difficult and expensive and causes unnecessary pollution.

or

I bank with the Alliance and Leicester and the post office is its only outlet in this area. I do not want to carry cash for long distances.

or

I find the Warrender post office very convenient to the Sick Children’s Hospital.

or

I find this post office extremely convenient when doing the school run as it is so near the schools.

or

I work at home and need this post office for my business. To go further is a waste of my time.

or

I work in the area and this is the only post office I can reach in my lunch hour.

or

I am a parent of young children and returning parcels is a huge chore if not near by.

or

Any other reason ………………………………………………………………………………………

Yours faithfully


[for details of public meeting on Tu 9 Sep see following post]


No comments: