The whalebones forming the arch were originally part of the stand belonging to the Shetland and Fair Isle Knitters at the International Exhibition of Industry, Science and Art, which took place on the Meadows in 1886 (125 years ago). After the exhibition they were given to the Town Council and moved to the west Meadows gateway where they now stand.
Donations can be made:
- online via Justgiving
- in person at Victor Hugo deli
- via cheque (payable to Edinburgh World Heritage Trust) sent to Edinburgh World Heritage